Lou's Not-so-Sonnet
* allright, so I finally took the time to look up exactly what makes a sonnet, and realize how woefully inadequate this is as a sonnet. It does have a little rhyming pattern which must be all I remember from English. Back to the drawing board.
The benefit of eating lunch at my desk:
Lou's Sonnet
I’m here at work as usual,
my son is safe at home.
His smile – warm and casual
His fingers on the roam.
I left him in the morning
Fast asleep, and face down.
Soon he would be turning
Round and round and round.
Now, his eyes are open
His mind’s absorbing all
Who and What and When
He’s standing ten feet tall.
I love that little wiggly one,
I’m the dad and he’s the son.
The benefit of eating lunch at my desk:
Lou's Sonnet
I’m here at work as usual,
my son is safe at home.
His smile – warm and casual
His fingers on the roam.
I left him in the morning
Fast asleep, and face down.
Soon he would be turning
Round and round and round.
Now, his eyes are open
His mind’s absorbing all
Who and What and When
He’s standing ten feet tall.
I love that little wiggly one,
I’m the dad and he’s the son.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home