Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Advice from Grandpas

My dad, who will one day soon be called Opa, sent me the following passage from a new book by Hugh Downs, "Letter to a Great Grandson"

"Advice to a new born:
In your early weeks just eat everything you are offered, at every chance. ... Be as much of a glutton as you can. There is no danger of obesity at your age. ... You are at the center of your world, which is where you belong, and everything revolves around you. Do whatever you like. When you want something -- anything -- holler. Hungry? Holler. Too hot? Holler. Too cold? Holler. ... This is part of your job, no government regulations, no community responsibilities, no reason to feel any impending duties."

I loved that and thought it was worth sharing. During lunch at my desk today I was reading through the regular columns that I like. This one from Carl Hiaasen was another "thoughts from Grandpa" column that's worth reading. Hiaasen is one of my favorite writers. His stuff regularly makes me laugh out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home