Spring tease
Today Columbus was given a little taste of Spring. I took a walk during lunch and was greeted with a nice soft breeze, the sun shining off a few of downtown's tallest buildings, and the small stout evangelist bellowing to all who passed about the importance of immediately accepting Christ into our hearts. I need to take a moment to ask this guy a bit about himself. He was missing from the downtown scene while the weather was cold but this early taste of Spring brought him back out. It was good to see him again.
Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy again. I guess the groundhog,Punxsutawney Phil, was right after all. We've got a full month of winter in front of us.
I picked up my Dad from the airport tonight after work. He had been in California visiting my mom, brother and grandpa. For nearly three years now my mom has been living in the house she grew up in providing full-time care for my grandpa who is getting weaker and weaker with Parkinson's disease. My brother, Peter, is in a Masters of Social Work program and living with them too. What a crew! The entire situation is difficult on my parents but they weather the difficulties with pride and grace. There is no doubt that without my mom's devotion my grandpa would not be where he is today. I could write for pages about the strength of what my mom and dad are doing, but I know my mom is one of this site's most frequent readers and feel a little awkward spending too much time talking about it. Suffice it to say that Mary and I can't wait for Grandma-to-be Cheryl to be home in a few weeks to see her grandchild.
Mary, Dad, and I walked to a cool German restaurant for dinner before he headed home.
The restaurant, Zum Rathskeller, houses the Columbus Maennerchor or the German men's chorus. The chorus was started in 1848 by "twelve recently arrived refugees from upheaval in Europe who shared six candles by which to rehearse, and became one of the earliest German-American choruses." Dinner was delicious. If I could carry a tune I'd seriously consider joining the club to take advatage of their beautiful club and 30% discount on all meals.
I think the big, rich German meal was more than Mary could handle. I've got one very pregnant, very asleep wife next to me. I think I'm going to get some ice cream.
Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy again. I guess the groundhog,Punxsutawney Phil, was right after all. We've got a full month of winter in front of us.
I picked up my Dad from the airport tonight after work. He had been in California visiting my mom, brother and grandpa. For nearly three years now my mom has been living in the house she grew up in providing full-time care for my grandpa who is getting weaker and weaker with Parkinson's disease. My brother, Peter, is in a Masters of Social Work program and living with them too. What a crew! The entire situation is difficult on my parents but they weather the difficulties with pride and grace. There is no doubt that without my mom's devotion my grandpa would not be where he is today. I could write for pages about the strength of what my mom and dad are doing, but I know my mom is one of this site's most frequent readers and feel a little awkward spending too much time talking about it. Suffice it to say that Mary and I can't wait for Grandma-to-be Cheryl to be home in a few weeks to see her grandchild.
Mary, Dad, and I walked to a cool German restaurant for dinner before he headed home.
![]() |
| Schiller Park Walk |
I think the big, rich German meal was more than Mary could handle. I've got one very pregnant, very asleep wife next to me. I think I'm going to get some ice cream.



1 Comments:
I bet the 'Sprint Tease' was in reality just a tease up there. It is still February after all.
Why does everyone 'dis winter?
Oh well, I like your site Adam.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment
<< Home