Lily & Lou
I'm wearing a laminated blue construction paper tie around my neck this morning that says, "The World's Greatest Dad! Love, Louis." Strangely enough, I saw another father leaving Louis's daycare wearing the same exact tie except his said "Love, Claire". Now surely there can't be two World's Greatest Dad's!
On Monday this week Mary and started the terribly difficult process of sending Louis to daycare. It's a great facility that is right next to my office so I can always pop over and check on him. It's still daycare however, and neither Mary or I are very happy about having to send him there. We're both talking to our employers and seeing how we can juggle things to allow Mary to stay home with her son.
Until we work all of that out I'll tell you about Lou's first few daycare experiences. The first day I brought Louis in he met Lily, his caretaker. A big roung black woman with a gap between her front teeth, Lily loves Louis. She took Louis out of my hands and brought Lou into the infant area of the facility. Louis kind of looked around and gave a quick shy smile to the other kids as to say, "Um, gee, hi guys. I'm Louis." This morning I went back into the room because I had forgot somethings and Lily had Lou in her arms and was smothering him with kisses. He was happy. I also signed my first parental permission field trip form. Louis is going to the Latin Festival in the park this morning.
On Monday this week Mary and started the terribly difficult process of sending Louis to daycare. It's a great facility that is right next to my office so I can always pop over and check on him. It's still daycare however, and neither Mary or I are very happy about having to send him there. We're both talking to our employers and seeing how we can juggle things to allow Mary to stay home with her son.
Until we work all of that out I'll tell you about Lou's first few daycare experiences. The first day I brought Louis in he met Lily, his caretaker. A big roung black woman with a gap between her front teeth, Lily loves Louis. She took Louis out of my hands and brought Lou into the infant area of the facility. Louis kind of looked around and gave a quick shy smile to the other kids as to say, "Um, gee, hi guys. I'm Louis." This morning I went back into the room because I had forgot somethings and Lily had Lou in her arms and was smothering him with kisses. He was happy. I also signed my first parental permission field trip form. Louis is going to the Latin Festival in the park this morning.


3 Comments:
Dear Dolph, Mary and Lou,
Greetings from your friends on the coast. Your life in Ohio looks idylic and your son is beautiful! Hopefully, we will get to see you soon. Libby has grown up to be quite the adorable baby girl. However, she often complains that she does not have a website like little Lou. Nevertheless, Libby and her mommy have settled into a pleasant routine of breatfeeding and walks in Central Park, of observation and smiles and above all of lots of kisses and hugs. We still manage to get to the seashore on the weekends, thankfully. Libby, I believe can sense the aura on the beach where her parents not only took their wedding pictures but also where she was allegedly conceived. ALthough, she loves to have her toes gingerly dipped into the icy waters of the North Atlantic, she has mixed emotions about the scheduled "dunking" on the 4th of July. I think she will survive. At any rate, let us know when you will make your way out East. We would love to have you!
Peter, Tissy and Libby a.k.a. "baby toop-toop"
"...the beach...where she was allegedly conceived."
Golly, ya never know what ya didn't want to know 'til ya know it. Know what I'm sayin'?
Pooter, Trooter and Toop Toop,
We've got to get together soon. Lou and Lib have a lot of catching up to do! It's great to hear about Libby's upcoming dunking. Go easier than your grandfather did with you, Peter.
Hope to see you soon.
Adam
Post a Comment
<< Home