Monday, July 27, 2009

Hugh William Weiss

DSCF9238

Welcome to the world Hugh William Weiss! Little Huey was born at 10:52 a.m. July 26, 2009. He is a strong 8 lbs., 13 oz. and 21 inches long. His mommy, Mary, was incredible. Mary has been ready to bring Hugh into the world for a while now, going as far as visiting the hospital twice before yesterday in hopes that she was ready. Each time they checked Mary out and turned us away, telling us the baby wasn't ready to come out yet. Well, nature knows what she is doing because a day after Mary's due date she woke up with contractions that quickened in frequency and intensity until we checked into the hospital. There was no doubt whether they'd keep her this time. The nurse practitioner and nurse in our room patiently waited and talked with us for about two hours until they decided it was time to push. 7 minutes after starting her first push Huey came out. 7 minutes! It was incredible.

DSCF9181

We stayed in the the hospital for a little over 24 hours after that and are now at home with our family of five. Like I said before, Mary was incredible. As much as Mary and I may have been excited about the possibility of finally welcoming a little girl to the Weiss family, after seeing and holding Hugh I am sure that three boys is what I was meant to bring into the world. My two brothers and I shared a wonderful bond growing up and I'm eager to watch my boys grow up together. Here's to you, my new Hugh! Enjoy the short video below and then click here to see some more photos of Hugh and family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

So awesome! Congratulations! My baby turned two yesterday (on July 26th...it's a great birthday!)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Jake said...

Congrats, Dapper Dancing Dolphers! That's some 'fro Leo's sporting!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home