Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bazi Weiss (1989-2005)

Bazi and Bill 3My Dad and Mom made the decision to put our dog of 16 years, Bazi, to sleep this morning. It has been emotional to realize that Bazi is no longer at home snuggled up to his blanket. Of course it was his time and it was the best thing that they could have done for Bazi, but it's difficult to know that he's no longer around.

Bazi was a constant companion to all of us growing up, but became the "only child" to my parents once the kids were out of the house. I know my Mom and Dad miss him and they need to know that they gave their dog the happiest, most fulfilling life any dog could every hope for. Here is an earlier blog I wrote about Bazi
We love you, Bazi.
Bazi and Bill 2

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from your old neighborhood, Adam. I am your former neighbor, Judy (ask your mom, decided to leave last name off since this is a public posting) and live near your old home on Chester Court. Your mom told me in her Christmas card about Bazi--so sorry the end has come but it sounds like it was time. He was dearly loved by you all, I am sure, and you will have many happy memories of the little guy but it such hurts right now I know. You were probably too young to remember but I had the giant Irish Wolfhounds. Do you remember when I visited your family out in Wooster in 1985? I had one of our dogs with us since we were on our way to a dog show in Sprigfield, Ohio. I again visited your family in 1995 on the way back from a dog show in Lexington, Kentucky, and I would have met Bazi at that time. I don't think I had any dogs with us that trip so that would have made the visit easier to be sure. Bazi would have probably had a heart attack if he had to allow a wolfhound to enter the house!! So it was fun to see your website and to read about Bazi and some of your other family things. I do remember all you boys when you were very young so it's hard to believe you are all grown up and that you are now a papa yourself! But it has been almost 25 years since your parents moved from this location to Wooster so much time has gone by. Your mom and I write each Christmas so I have kept up on all your news. Sounds like you have had many interesting world travels, too. Best wishes to you and Happy New Year. Judy

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home