Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sharing Mommy

As Mary and I carefully watch our pennies as I finish my student teaching we've both taken on extra jobs. I wait tables four nights a week and she has agreed to babysit our neighbor's 3 1/2 month old, Charlie, on the three days of the week she normally stays home with Louis.

Today is the dry run to see how she does with both Charlie and Lou before she begins for real on Wednesday. I'm at home with them but have agreed not to tend to either baby so that Mary gets a true sense of what she's in for. Let's just say that there is a lot of crying going on right now. Charlie is newborn crying, and Louis is "hey, pay attention to me" crying. Poor guys. Charlie was taking a nap so Mary sat on the couch loving and giving Louis kisses. When Charlie woke up Mary dropped Lou in his pack-n-play to check on the new baby. Louis gave her a look that said, "wow, wait a second here" and then let out an ear piercing wail. Right now --and bless Mary for being as laid back as she is-- each kid takes turns being held and comforted by Mary as the other one cries.

OK, things have settled somewhat now. Mary is giving Louis his lunch while holding Charlie so both are somewhat comforted. It's going to be a long spring for both of us. Enjoy your week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adam!
Great to see you guys are all doing so well! What a great family! Loved the NYC visit stuff!!
I would love to get your email, and any other Hamilton 96's that you keep in touch with. I am on a mission to get as many of us back to Clinton for our 10 year in June. No, I'm not working for Fred Bush, it's my own burning desire!! I've got a bunch of emails already but would love yours and any of your crew...My email is fourhendersons@verizon.net...Would LOVE to catch up! :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I'm not too tech savvy - it's Christina! I don't mean to be anonymous but I couldn't figure out how else to post a comment to you because "blogger" and "other" asked for stuff I didnt' have!!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home