Thursday, July 05, 2007

Poopy in the Potty!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages:

It is official, Louis A. Weiss has poo poo'ed in the potty. We've been trying hard over the 4th of July holiday to get Louis to use the potty. He's been semi-successful peeing in the potty but has been pretty gun shy about doing the number 2. He walked around in underpants all day yesterday and pee'd in they potty throughout the day. He held on to his normally regular bowl movement all day yesterday so when he woke up at 5:30 this morning talking about potty I knew I had to be on my toes. We went to the potty and had a successful pee and then had an early bowl of cereal together. Every twenty minutes or so I'd ask if wanted to try to go "poopy in they potty," sometimes he'd say yes and go try, othertimes he'd say no. Finally, I could tell he was getting in the "zone" because he kept pacing around looking for a quiet corner. I ushered him into the bathroom, gave him a book and a flyswatter (don't ask, that's what he wanted) and shut the door. About four minutes later we heard him say "Daaady." We opened the door to see Louis with his pants down, with a very suprised look on his face. Lo and behold, there in the potty was an honest-to-God, all-American, post-4th of July poop. I think he was surprised at how big it was. In fact his exact quotation was, "Daddy, it's big. Like an elephant's."

Well we all whooped and hollered and hugged and gave high 5s. He's off at daycare now in only his underpants. We're rooting for him to continue to go pee pee in the potty but know that he'll have his share of accidents along they way. Tonight's excitement is that true to her word Mary is making Louis his own cake now that he has gone poo poo in the potty. I started calling the expected cake his "poo poo cake" and now Louis calls it that as well. I guarantee it will not look or taste anything like the poo poo that it is celebrating. Below are some photos of the past weekend in Wooster, on the farm, at the lake and on the couch.

Cousins

Tubing Bro' Driving with Henry On Mommy's Farm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home